This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
It is strawberry season in Pennsylvania and every year I go and pick berries with my kids. Now it is just the two youngest who are able to join me in picking, but we still go. Last week we went and picked about 7 lbs of berries. I got motivated to make a strawberry ice cream after reading a recipe for peach ice cream that used just peaches and coconut milk.
I made my own variation using heavy whipping cream and stevia extract. And it was easy and delicious. One of the things I like about this recipe is that you use frozen berries and so the ice cream is ready as soon as you decide to make it. No waiting 6 hours for the ice cream to harden up.
- 4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla flavored stevia extract
- Place the frozen strawberries in a food processor and process until berries have started to break down, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the cream and process until a creamy and smooth \\\"soft-serve\\\" texture forms.
- Put into bowls and serve immediately. Serves 4. (Any left over can be frozen but will need time to thaw before serving again as it can get very hard in the freezer.)