This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Gerald G has an amazing story of healing with food following the GAPS diet for the past several years. He has seen healing from depression and alcohol and drug abuse through dietary changes. Read his powerful story.
I chose the image for his post and chose a resting gull. Gulls are very active birds, flying and moving constantly. Gerald was a man who was not settled until he changed his diet and then found his way to calmness and freedom in many areas that he had not known before.
- Daily coffee enemas (feel cleaner & healthier; initially to address fats digestion)
- A few Hulda Clarke liver flushes (fats digestion)
- Lugol’s Iodine as per the Yahoo! Iodine group’s protocol (*WOW*, what Iodine does for me!)
- Vitamin B complex, multi-vitamin with C and Zinc (seem to need it; resolves the detox problem from Iodine),
- Attention to histamines (post-nasal drip, other mental problems like feeling agitated) & fructose malabsorption (FM) (gas & bloat)
- More sunshine and fresh air
- HCl w/ pepsin (six 640-mg pills per meal: I still don’t have much stomach acid apparently …)
- 5 or 10 BioKult (probiotic recommended by Dr. NCM) first thing in the morning (seems to have some positive effect on me) and the occasional serving of Custom Probiotics first thing in the morning
- Eating only two meals per day (breakfast and supper, 12 hours apart: aids in digestion, plus I am more aware of how each meal/ food affects me because there’s a twelve-hour space between meals. Eating three times a day is no longer necessary: it’s too much food. Apparently I’m digesting foods better (with HCl) and I’m not so terribly malnourished as when I started with the SCD in March 2009).
- Break a good sweat at least once every day: walking to work/ working in the garden before and after work, etc.,
- Nnot much soap/ shampoo
- Brush with olive oil & baking soda
- Raising my own organic veggies.
- Take Natural Calm (magnesium) daily
- Eat a lot of Celtic Sea Salt.
If you would like to communicate with Gerald he is willing to answer emails. His email is email@example.com .