This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Who doesn’t love a good chicken salad? For different seasons there are different things that can be easily mixed together with the cooked chicken to get a tasty and nutritious summer meal. I threw this salad together one night in June when it was 88 degrees out and I did not want any hot foods to eat. Thankfully, my slow cooker did the job of cooking the chicken for me without heating the kitchen. Then I threw together a variety of summer vegetables I had in my fridge and mixed it all together with some homemade mayonnaise. It turned out to be very tasty and nourishing and my family ate up every last bite. (That is the trouble with a big family; they eat too much.)
- 1 whole chicken, cooked in a slow cooker and taken off the bone.
- 1 cucumber, sliced into small pieces
- 1 whole tomato, cut into small chunks
- 1 cup of edible pea pods, sliced into 2-3 chunks per pea pod
- 3-5 spring onions, or 1 mild onion, sliced into fine pieces
- 1 recipe homemade mayonnaise.
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and put into a large bowl.
- Refrigerate the chicken until cook.
- Add cucumber, tomato, pea pods, and onions.
- Make 1 cup homemade mayonnaise (or cheat and use some bought mayo).
- Mix mayonnaise into chicken and vegetables and stir to combine.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with some homemade sourdough bread.