This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
I have another recipe for you from my niece Brooke. This is for dairy free, grain free s’mores. Granted you can’t really make this around the campfire too easily, but you can enjoy the tastes of days past, but without guilt. These are good for you.
Of course we always start with the graham crackers. These grain free graham crackers come from Debra Worth at Worth Cooking.
- ¼ cup ground golden flax, chia, or a combo of the two (grind yourself)
- ½ cup hot water OR 7 tablespoons if using honey (honey adds liquid, so you need less water)
- 2 cups almond flour OR almond meal OR roasted sunflower seeds ground into a meal (can use crispy nuts for easier digestion) OR pumpkin seed flour
- 2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ⅓ – ½ cup sucanat OR coconut sugar OR ¼ cup honey
- ¼ teaspoon salt (omit if using salted nuts)
- 2 teaspoons coconut flour
- In a medium sized bowl mix the flax and chia. Add the hot water and stir. Let sit at least 15 minutes to gel.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a half sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Mix the almond flour and oil into the chia seed mix.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar, salt, coconut flour,and cinnamon together. Add to the cracker mix and stir in. It will be sticky.
- Roll the cracker batter onto the parchment paper. You want it the size of the pan and as even as possible.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the crackers before baking. Poke each cracker with a fork 1-2 times.
- Bake at 300 for 30-45 minutes, until the crackers feel hard when tapped. (Because of the adaptability of this recipe the cook time is a large variable. Keep an eye on them.)
- Let cool before eating to allow them to fully harden.
- 1/4 coconut oil
- 2 T honey
- 2 T cocoa powder
- Melt honey and coconut together in a small saucepan,
- Stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour a thin layer in the bottom of each small or mini muffin pans, put in freezer and let set until hard.
- This melts very easily so make sure to get it out not too long before use.
Make one batch of chocolate mint marshmallows for the bottom layer and one batch of vanilla spread on top of that for the top layer.
- 3 T unflavored gelatin
- 1 c. water (spilt)
- 1 c. honey
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Dissolve gelatin and 1/2 c. boiling water in a bowl.
- Cook honey and 1/2 cup water and vanilla until 240 degrees.
- Pour into gelatin and blend with an electric mixer on high for 6-7 minutes.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and pour mixture into it.
- Let set and then cut with scissors. (That sounds weird but believe me once you try to cut it with a knife then you will understand.)
If you try this please comment below and let me know how it went.
And please share on social media so others may try this recipe as well.