This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
(This post may contain affiliate links. See my affiliate policy for more information.)
I live in Pennsylvania and I am about officially tired of winter. Spring is coming but we live in the mountains so it will be another month really.
I can’t afford to go to Hawaii or the Caribbean Islands but at least I can have something tropical for my breakfast. So today I made this Tropical Smoothie with bananas, pineapple, and oranges.I mixed the fruit with water kefir. I love water kefir because it is a dairy free option that works great in smoothies. We like drinking it plain at our house as well. I then added in a can of coconut milk. I use Natural Value which I got from Amazon because nothing is added, no preservatives, no gum stabalizers so it does not bother my daughter’s sensitive stomach.
I also add chia seeds whenever possible to my smoothies. Chia seeds are chock full of great benefits. Let me list a few for you.
- full of omega 3 fatty acids
- high in fiber with 10 grams/2 tbsp
- rich in anti-oxidants
- high in calcium , phosphorus, magnesium, and manganese
- gluten free
- give a feeling of fullness
- help to regulate insulin levels
- 1 can crushed pineapple or 2 cups fresh pineapple sliced
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 oranges, sectioned
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, softened in 1/4 cup water (takes about 10 minutes to soak them before using)
- 1 -1.5 quarts water kefir
- 1 can coconut milk (I use Natural Value because it has no added stabalizers or preservatives.)
- Cut up fruit, cover with water kefir and coconut milk and blend.
- After chia seeds have soaked and are softened add them into the mix and reblend.
- If everything does not fit into your blender mix what you can, pour some into a glass, and then add the rest and finish blending.