(This post may contain affiliate links which will benefit me if you purchase through them.)
I love lentils. They are easy to prepare, very versatile, and cheap. One of our go-to dinners and lunches this summer is lentil burgers. I came up with my own recipe that my gluten-free, grain-free daughter can eat using almond flour (I get mine from Honeyville Food Products) and some spices to jazz it up a bit. I cook up a big pot of lentils and then mix some lentil burgers up and cook them. I sometimes even put extra cooked lentils in the freezer as they are easy to thaw out and mix together for a quick and tasty meal.
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- 1 cup almond flour (I get mine from Honeyville Grains)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Soak 2 cups lentils in 2 cups water with a splash of vinegar to help break down hard to digest parts of the lentil.
- After soaking for several hours or overnight, add another 1-2 cups water and cook lentils for 30-45 minutes until soft and easy to mash.
- Mix the lentils and all other ingredients together until well mixed and easy to form a patty with.
- Form 6 patties and cook in frying pan with lard or another fat of choice until browned on one side.
- Turn over and cook on the other side.
- Serve with ketchup, creamy salad dressing or plain in a homemade bun.
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.